News and Announcements
--Lobbyist training session January 27: The Ethics Commission will present a one-hour training course regarding provisions of the Ethics Act relevant to lobbyists on Friday, January 27 at 10:00 a.m. in the Capitol room at the WV State Training Center in Building 7 at the State Capitol Complex. Lobbyists must complete at least one training course during the 2017-2018 registration period. Attendance at the January 27 session should be confirmed in advance by contacting Lobbyist Registrar Teri Anderson at (304) 558-0664 or at Teri.L.Anderson@wv.gov.
--Advisory Opinion: The Ethics Commission issued Advisory Opinion 2017-02 on January 13, 2017. To view the Opinion, click here.
--Lobbyist Activity Reports due January 17: Lobbyist Activity Reports covering the 2016-3 reporting period (for activity and spending from September 1, 2016, to December 31, 2016) are due on Tuesday, January 17, 2017. Lobbyists must file a lobbyist activity report even if there have been no lobbying-related expenditures or activity during the reporting period. Failure to file a report in a timely manner will result fines. For more information click here.
--2017-2018 Lobbyist Registrations: Lobbyists must register or re-register with the Ethics Commission before lobbying in 2017. Registration for the January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2018, registration cycle has begun. Current lobbyists were sent nformation through their email address on file with the Ethics Commission. The Lobbyist Registration Statement and Employer Representation/Authorization forms are available on this website under "Lobbyist Information" and then under "Registration." Currently registered lobbyists who have not completed their training for the 2015-2016 registration cycle will not be allowed to register for the 2017-2018 registration cycle. Questions should be directed to Lobbyist Registrar Teri Anderson at Teri.L.Anderson@wv.gov or at (304)558-0664.
--Financial Disclosure Statements: Completed Financial Disclosure Statements from public officials and employees required to file them are due on February 1, 2017. The following categories of public servants are required to file a FDS form:
• All elected officials in West Virginia;
• Persons elected to statewide offices;
• All county elected officials;
• Officials elected in Charleston and Fairmont municipal elections;
• Members of county Boards of Education;
• County school superintendents;
• Members of state boards, commissions and agencies who were appointed by the Governor;
• Secretaries of Departments;
• Commissioners, deputy commissioners and assistant commissioners;
• Directors, deputy directors and assistant directors;
• Department heads, deputy department heads and assistant department heads;
• Candidates for elected statewide and county public offices, and
• Candidates in Charleston and Fairmont municipal elections.
To file your FDS directly online, check here.
To access a fillable form, click here. Please type directly on the form, print and sign it, and email it to email@example.com. Please request a “delivery” or “return” receipt on the email which you send. Forms also may be hand-delivered or mailed to the Ethics Commission at 210 Brooks Street, Suite 300, Charleston, WV 25301.